This asymmetrical triangular shawl is knit on the bias and features multiple stitch patterns, each resulting in beautiful texture! Knit in Plucky Knitter Solo, this fingering weight piece drapes beautifully thanks to the merino/silk blend. This is the perfect shawl to keep close by as the end of summer approaches and the temperature drops!
Approx 74” / 188 cm wingspan x 25.5” / 65 cm at deepest edge
Plucky Knitter Solo (80% merino, 20% silk; 475 yd / 434 m per 115 g); Fawn All Over (C1), Sugar Ribbon (C2), and Tea Party (C3). 1 skein of each color.
Or… Fingering Weight yarn in the following amounts:
• Approx 360 yds / 330 m C1
• Approx 220 yds / 200 m of C2
• Approx 305 yds / 280 m of C3
Note: Gauge for this is not cruitical but will effect final size and approx yardage used.
• 24 sts and 32 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Garter Stitch
Size US 4 (3.5 mm) 32” / 81 cm (circ) needle — or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Shawl is worked sideways on the bias, casting on at one side and and working out to the other side.
• Stitches are increased/decreased at the beginning and end of each RS and WS row. Please note, there will be an extra increase at the end of every third RS row. This will form a slight curve at the top of the shawl for extra comfort around the neck.
• When following the pattern both written and charted instruc- tions are provided. When any section is directed you are free to follow either set of instructions.
• A video demo can be found on YouTube, via the Knitterella channel, to demonstrate how to create the Right Twist and Left Twist that is used to work the Lattice Sections of this shawl.
Photography by Julia Ross