Meet Flèche: A classic top-down, triangle shawl design with unique details. Extra wraps produce an elongated stitch that travels up your knitting. Once complete, the stitch pattern creates an arrow-like motif that points to the center spine. This eye catching detail, flocked by easy garter stitch is sure to be a favorite to knit and wear.
Approx 68” / 173 cm wingspan x 26” / 66 cm deep
Dyed By Delz, Yak Sock (70% SW Merino Wool, 20% Yak, 10% Nylon; 437 yd / 400 m per 100 g); in Cheryl’s Coal Grey (MC) 2 skeins, Jill’s Dusty Rose (CC1) 1 skein, and Vincent’s Highland Coo (CC2) 1 skein.
OR fingering weight yarn in the following amounts…
MC: Approx 774 yds / 704 m
CC1: Approx 116 yds / 105 m
CC2: Approx 126 yds / 114 m
PLEASE NOTE: Approx yarn amounts listed is with 15% padding added to what was actually used.
Note: Gauge for this is not critical but will affect final
size and approx yardage used.
• 20 sts x 40 rows = 4” / 10 cm in garter stitch, blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (4 mm) 40” / 100cm - 60” / 120cm (circ) needle (a circular needle long enough to accommodate stitches)— or size necessary to obtain gauge
• OPTIONAL: A needle one size larger than Gauge Needle is recommended for I-Cord Bind Off.
Stitch markers (4) and tapestry needle
• Shawl begins with a Garter Tab Cast-on and is worked flat from the top down.
• After Set-Up Row, the shawl increases by 4 sts every RS row.
• A 3-st garter stitch edging is kept throughout, with a slipped stitch edge detail.
• A needle one size larger than Gauge Needle is recommended for I-Cord Bind Off.