Angler is a simple design which showcases the gorgeous stitch definition created by North Bay Fiber’s Heritage base. This classic top-down triangular design features wide garter stitch stripes accenting the base of the shawl. The stitches really pop against the stockinette fabric!
• Approx 68.5” / 220 cm wingspan x 27.5” / 70 cm deep at center spine
North Bay Fiber, Heritage (100% Targhee-Polypay; 150 yd / 137 m per 50 g); 5 skeins. Shown in Natural.
OR: Heavy DK/Light Worsted Weight yarn in the following amount:
• Approx 750 yds / 682 m
YARDAGE NOTE: Sample shown uses nearly all of the 5 skeins of Heritage, so you might consider purchasing an extra skein. If you find you are going to run short, omit the I-Cord Bind-Off and use another bind-off that consumes less yardage.
• 17 sts x 26 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Stockinette stitch, blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (4.0 mm) 40” / 100cm - 60” / 150cm circular needle (a circular needle long enough to accommodate stitches)— or size necessary to obtain gauge
• A needle one size larger than Gauge Needle is recommended for I-Cord Bind Off.
• Stitch markers (4) and tapestry needle
• Shawl begins with a Garter Tab Cast-on and is worked flat from the top down.
• After Set-Up Row, shawl increases by 4 sts every RS row.
• A 3-st garter stitch edging is kept throughout, with a slipped stitch edge.
• A needle one size larger than Gauge Needle is recommended for I-Cord Bind-off.