You’d be surprised at the extra warmth a simple cowl can add! The Summit Loop is a moebius cowl with an eye-catching motif. Designed in Heritage Sport and knit in four complimenting colors, this accessory looks equally fantastic - alone as a beautiful neck piece or layered under your coat.
* * *
Approx: 33.25"/83cm circumference x 8"/20cm wide
North Bay Fiber, Heritage Sport (100% Targhee-Polypay; 225yd/205m per 50g); 2 skeins of C1, and 1 skein each of C2, C3, and C4.
OR: Heavy Fingering/Sport Weight yarn in the following amounts:
• C1: 346yd/315m
• C2: 150yd/136m
• C3: 140yd/127m
• C4: 140yd/127m
Sample shown in colors Sand Point (C1), Redear (C2), Chestnut (C3), and Black Stone (C4)
• 24 sts x 30 rnds = 4"/10cm in colorwork, knit in-the-round, blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 5 (3.75mm) 16" circular needles—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Extra Needle: Extra needle in the same size for grafting
Waste yarn, stitch marker, and tapestry needle
• Worked in the round, this moebius cowl begins with a provisional cast on.
• It is worked in the round as a tube, twisted once (creating the moebius), then grafted together using the Kitchener stitch.