Designed by: Jill Zielinski / aka Knitterella for North Bay Fiber
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
* * *
Simple texture equals big fun! Designed in Elemental Bulky, the Bigelow Beanie is a cozy hat featuring a moss stitch pattern that consists only of knits and purls. The resulting knit has a great all over texture with a clever 5-point crown decrease. Simple, fun, and FAST! With 3 sizes to choose from, the Bigelow Beanie is an easy and wearable unisex design. It’s a great hat for yourself and also great for last minute knit-giving!
Small, (Medium, Large)
Approx 16.75 (20, 23.25)"/42 (50, 58)cm circumference x 8 (9, 10)"/20 (21.25, 22.5)cm tall
RECOMMENDED: North Bay Fiber, Elemental Bulky (100% domestic Cormo wool; 132yd/120m per 110g); 1 (1, 1) skein
OR Approx 79 (106, 132)yds/72 (96, 120)m in a similar bulky weight yarn.
Samples shown in:
• First sample is size Medium in color Sand Point.
• Second sample is size Medium in color Clay Banks.
• 13 sts x 17 rnds = 4"/10cm in Moss Stitch pattern, worked in the round and blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 10 (6.0 mm) 16"/40cm circular needles and DPNs—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Smaller Needle: Size US 8 (5.0 mm) 16"/40cm circular needles —or needle two sizes smaller than Gauge Needle
Stitch marker, tapestry needle, and pom pom (optional)
• Hat is worked in the round from the bottom up.
• Due to the unique crown shaping, sizing is only adjustable in 10 stitch increments. Should you wish to adjust hat circumference slightly from the given sizes, feel free to size down a needle size or two. This will reduce circumference and may affect overall yardage used.