PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
It seems every year, as the Michigan Winter transitions to Spring, the warming temps inspire me to design a fresh pair of socks. Aptly named, “Late March” reflects our move from Winter into Spring. The precious delicate stitch marching down the front of these socks is easier than it looks. This clever, enjoyable knit will be a welcome addition to your handknit sock collection.
1 (2, 3)
(Sample shown is a size 2 and modeled on a Woman’s
size 7.5 US foot.)
Approx 7 (8, 9)“ / 17.5 (20, 22.5) cm foot
circumference with foot length adjusted to fit.
Dream In Color, Bobby BFL Sock (80% Bluefaced Leicester,
15% Nylon; 420 yd / 384 m per 113g); in color Deep Regret.
1 (1, 1) skein.
OR Fingering Weight yarn in the following amounts:
318 (363, 409) yd / 289 (330, 372) m
32 sts x 44 rnds = 4” / 10 cm in St st, worked in the round
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Size US 1 / 2.25 mm set of 5 double pointed needles (DPNs) (DPN directions)—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Size US 1 / 2.25 mm 40” circular needle (MAGIC LOOP
directions)—or size necessary to obtain gauge
Stitch marker(s) and tapestry needle
• This pattern is written for double pointed needles method and magic loop.
• Worked cuff down with full heel.
• When following the pattern both written and charted instructions are provided. When any section is directed you are free to follow either set of instructions.
• Head to the Knitterella YouTube channel to watch
a video demo for the “U” Stitch.
Link is here: https://youtu.be/drao0y8Lvrw