Approx 77” / 195 cm wingspan x 23” / 58 cm at deepest edge
Dapper Dye Works Pearl (80% merino, 10% silk, 10% cashmere; 437 yd / 400 m per 100 g); In A Flurry (C1), Islands In The Stream (C2), and Kingsford (C3). 1 skein of each color.
Or… Fingering Weight yarn in the following amounts:
• Approx 435 yds / 395 m C1
• Approx 256 yds / 233 m of C2
• Approx 207 yds / 188 m of C3
Note: Gauge for this is not crucial but will affect final size
and approx yardage used.
• 24 sts x 34 rows = 4” / 10 cm in garter stitch on Gauge Needle
• Gauge Needle: Size US 5 (3.75 mm) 32” / 81 cm (circ) needle — or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Smaller Needle: Size US 4 (3.5 mm) 32” / 81 cm (circ) needle — or one size smaller than gauge needle / SEE NOTES
Tapestry needle and removable marker (optional)
• Sample shown used a needle one size smaller than gauge needle for lace panels because those sections are generally knit at a looser gauge than the garter body.
• Shawl is worked sideways on the bias, casting on at one side and and working out to the other side.
• There will be an extra increase at the end of every third RS row. This will form a slight curve at the top of the shawl for extra comfort around the neck.
• When following the pattern both written and charted instructions are provided. When any section is directed you are free to follow either set of instructions.